Thursday, January 24, 2013

Homemade Gifts...

I mentioned in my last post that Christmas 2012 was 'Year of the Homemade Gift'.
Here's one of the gifts I made (finished about 11pm Christmas Eve!).
 
Hubby took Liberty and her cousin to a local theme park for their birthdays.
These two cousins just adore each other and they had the best day!
I sent the camera with hubby but he only took six pictures, luckily this photo was perfect!
I made two of these shadow boxes exactly the same, one for each of them.
 
Here are a couple of other shadow box pictures I made last year...

 In December 2011 Liberty was in her first ever ballet recital and she wore this glorious royal blue tutu. It may aslo have been her last ever ballet recital as she no longer wants to be a ballerina!

I found the ballerina tights packaging at an Op shop.
The blue and silver ribbons were in her hair for the performance.

The ballerina sheet music was from an Op shop too, a lucky find!
 
And I made this shadow box as a surprise for the mother of the little girl I did the ballerina party for.
I used the first page of the vintage 'Ballerina' sheet music in this one. All the other bits 'n'pieces were from the party.
 
More of the homemade Christmas gifts coming soon...
 
Mercedes

9 comments:

  1. Hello from Seattle again. I'm new to your blog & love it. I commented previously that I just adore your mini house pillows. I still can't find that fabric, darn! I too was into homemade gifts this Christmas. I made my hubby & 2 sons each a therapeutic neck pillow. It's filled with flax seed & you heat it in the microwave for sore muscles. Tonight I made a little fabric make-up pouch w' a button closure for my best friends birthday coming up soon. I also poked the tip of my thumb w' an exacto blade trying to carve a mini rolling pin. Ouch! Luckily it didn't go too deep. And happily it looks pretty cute. Keep the blogs coming, your big mini fan, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. que bonitos regalos y hechos en casa o sea unicos

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your homemade/handmade gifts are lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely frames.

    Tus trabajos son geniales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mercedes They are so lovely. You are the most talented person I know. You know how I feel about you and everything you do. Big hugs and love~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are ALL very beautiful. You did a great job on them. By the way- I don't know if you know it or not- do you know you have double word verfication on here? Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely mementos you have done a fabulous job on all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encanta tu blog, tienes cosas preciosas. Eres una artista. Ya tienes una seguidora más. Un abrazo.
    http://miniaturasarantza.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!